Moving to any new country to pursue your education can seem like a daunting task. If you are a Thai student who is planning to expand your horizons by studying in Bengaluru, India, there are plenty of reasons for you to choose that path.
Why study in India?
1. India is the world’s largest democracy. It has a booming economy among the developing nations, with the industry body Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) forecasting that India will sustain a GDP growth of around 7.5 per cent in 2019. It also has a varied and fascinating culture, with innumerable languages, traditions, customs and festivals. The world has always turned towards India for its highly evolved political, spiritual, and philosophical treatises dating back several centuries.
Quality education at a reasonable cost
2. The Indian education system is adapting to technological advancements and global educational trends like never before. A student’s development is approached holistically, with emphasis on their individual strengths, interests and challenges. Experiential learning, scientifically designed curricula, sports and meaningful extra-curricular activities are incorporated into the schooling process. It is well placed to provide for students coming in from Thailand.
3. Existing colleges offer a very high quality of education in multiple streams including arts, commerce, law, medicine, engineering, pure sciences and more. These institutions are respected all over the world. There are several emerging institutions for higher education, which will further heighten the bar for quality. Premier Indian colleges offer degrees at a much more reasonable cost than popular educational destinations.
4. The City Momentum Index by Jones Lang LaSalle’s (JLL) ranked Bengaluru as the second in the world in short term momentum (Economic Output, Air connectivity, FDI etc.)
5. Bengaluru is one of the most cost effective cities for expats to live in. It has an existing and thriving expat community of people from over 80 countries. Bengaluru has been known as a welcoming and cosmopolitan city.
6. English is spoken by a large part of the population and is the common language for business and trade. Many people speak multiple languages.
7. Bengaluru has a pleasant climate throughout the year, with an overall average of 23.6-degree C, that is loved by many people.
8. Bengaluru is very easily accessible from Bangkok via direct flights from Indigo, Air India and Thai airways, with a flight duration of 3 hours and 50 minutes approx. Bengaluru is extremely well connected through Bengaluru Metro rail and 24/7 cab services. International Airport connectivity is unparalleled. Railway stations and bus stands are centrally located. It is also a hub for the finest cuisine from all over the world.
9. Bangalore has some of the best colleges in the country for science, commerce, law, engineering, arts and more: Indian Institute of Science, MS Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, NLSIU, St. Joseph's College of Commerce, Indian Institute of Management, Mount Carmel College, CMRIT, RV College of Engineering, Christ University, Jain University, PES Institute of Technology, BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore Medical College, Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, M.E.S College, UVCE, National Degree College, Dayananda Sagar University, and many more.
10. Bengaluru is a thriving hub of industry and IT. It is a preferred destination for job seekers and a great place to build your career. It is home to established companies as well as a hub for start-ups. Cisco, Oracle, IBM, Wipro, Microsoft, Accenture, Infosys, SAP, Samsung, Amazon, Dell, Robert Bosch, Intel, Adobe, Goldman Sachs, Huawei, Nokia, EY, AMD, VMWare, JP Morgan, Mercedes-Benz, NetApp, Target, GE, ABB, Philips and more.
Education at TRIO
TRIO World School is an award-winning international school, highly ranked among the schools in Bengaluru and Karnataka. With more than 11 years of carefully cultivated expertise in international education, it has established a strong presence in the education sphere. TRIO is a harmonious community, that has served students from 55+ countries and teachers from all over the world! Trio welcomes every student, including those from Thailand, as one of its own, into its multicultural and inclusive family.
Internationally respected curricula International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP), Cambridge Secondary 1, IGCSE and IB Diploma Programme (DP) are offered with university placement support. We provide flexibility and support for our students to ensure that they learn best.
Facilities provided to expat students:
· English as a Second Language (ESL) Support
· Support for getting settled in the city
· iPad programme
· Multiple cuisines, including Thai, Chinese, Continental and Indian served daily.
· Comfortable Air Conditioned Boarding facilities with 2 to 3 sharing.
· Ice cold water provided
· Both Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian food are provided.
· Refrigerator provided
· Weekly mobile phone usage
· Airport pickup and drop
· Sport and extra-curricular activities taught by highly trained professionals.
INTEGRATED SUMMER CLASSROOM PROGRAM (ISCP)
The TRIO Integrated Summer Classroom Program (ISCP), is a summer only designed for students from outside India. It is a unique opportunity to undergo the full-fledged international school experience in a short period of time. It lets you experience the Indian culture, languages and lifestyle like never before. As a student, you will be a part of the regular schooling schedule, and cutting edge sporting programmes. You will also be provided with extra ESL support and local educational tours. Food and AC accommodation will be provided.
The programme is from 1 April 2019 to 31 May 2019. For more details, get in touch with us.
To know more about our programmes visit us at www.trioworldacademy.com